Always in Our Minds....

Ladylong

Monday, February 11, 2008

Being Lebanese

Every time I feel that things are going to the unknown, I like to take a break from the whole mess, and go away for a while.

Between the "gunshots" and the "War talks and actions" that seems to be the new fashion of the political leaders in Liban lately (as if no one can see the "shit" we are in already), I thought that nothing can take me away from this madness but to go to "Prague" in Hamra.

To those of you unfamiliar with the place (if that is in any way possible!!), it is one of the most famous, most popular pub/restaurant in Beirut, with an amazing "home feeling" atmosphere, and always an excellent taste of music.

I sat with a dear friend of mine whom I haven't seen in a long time, no news, no politics, just lots and lots of catching up. It sure helped me forget the "shit" we are living nowadays.

As I was on my way back to my car, I randomly met Nobilis Tobilis and MMMMMMM (sorry man if i missed or added some M's by mistake lol). It was the first time I see M's, and it has been really long since I last saw nobilis. Before we know it, the talk was directly switched from "hey, what's up?" to our daily bread; politics.

I wish I could say otherwise, but the hope that we used to have for this country have significantly decreased, to the point were even hard-asses-stubborn-strong-believers in Liban are doubting their choice of staying in Beirut nowadays.....

Three years ago, we had great hopes, and string believes that Liban is coming back to us. Nowadays, we are wondering where we had lost it...

I don't want to be gloomy, and I sure ain't losing hope in a better future, but one can't miss the "sadness" in this nation's youth....

But again, and with some unexplained resilience, and hard-ass-pure-Lebanese mentality, the three of us agreed that we can never give up, and that we should meet again soon, and bring the lost hope back!

Illogical...some might even say madness....but I have one word to describe it.....

Being Lebanese

God Bless this country and its AMAZING people.....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there! If all those who can still find some hope and the resilience to fight for change leave ... all is lost for Lebanon. It's worth fighting for.