Always in Our Minds....

Ladylong

Monday, November 13, 2006

Best Breakfast Ever!

For those who know "Abu Rami" foul and homos restaurant in Mina, you will know exactly what this article is all about, for those who don't, YOU ARE MISSING THE MEAL OF YOUR LIFE!

Since I moved to Beirut. I've started to miss the old habits of mine back in the north. So last Sunday, I decided I NEED to have a traditional Mina breakfast with friends, and that's EXACTLY what I did.

There is nothing that can describe the atmosphere, the place is always crowded with customers in the morning, people everywhere sitting and waiting for the wonderful breakfast, while the workers prepare everything in front of your eyes, and you can see the smoke coming out of the potts, with this magnificent aroma spreading all over the place......

And don't let me start talking about the bread, coming fresh out of the oven, hot and tasty you can't wait to just grab it and start eating, eventhough the man tells you to wait till it cools off or else you'd burn your fingers, but take my word on this, once the bread is in front of you, you can't resist but to touch it, even if you got yourself burnt!

And after along wait comes the tasty meal! Fatteh, foul and hommos b awerma, sfee7a...OMG what a meal!

And of course, the meal can't be completed but with the cup of hot tea at the end, where you sit and relax, trying to come out of the dream you were in, and loool trying to digest the HUGE amount that you ate without noticing...

It might sound silly, but believe me, if you ever came to the north, make sure to pass by "Abu Rami" in Mina to know what I'm talking about......



The view right before we started eating

The view after FIVE minutes ONLY


No comments: