Always in Our Minds....

Ladylong

Monday, July 17, 2006

Tripoli Under Attack!!

It was 1:00 am, quite night, no cars in the streets, and everybody is thanking God that we are at least having some peace, a typical Tripoli night.

I was on my way to bed when we heard a huge expulsion and all of a sudden the sky turned white. Just like that, the ground beneath me began to shake, and all my family members woke up terrified. The Israeli army has just attacked the city's port.

We are now all freezed next to the TV trying to know what actually happened. That's what war does, it sucks the life right out of you....

I'll try to keep you updated with everything as soon as I can. And maybe with some pictures if I can.


UPDATE 1: July 17th,2006. 12:00pm

I took a ride around Tripoli today...Everything seems to be normal. The people are acting as if nothing has happened. I think this is how the city tries to deal with the situation here; acting as if we were bombarded by the Israelis last night. Reporters say that 7 people were killed and 10 injured, and that one soldiers was saved from under the distraction.

Around 1:00pm rumors were spread that the Israelis are going to target central el mina. The central is right next to my house, needless to say, we were terrified and we started packing up the essentials and preparing to head to the shelters. Fortunately, they were only rumors, and everything is fine till now.....

Here are some of the pictures I took in Tripoli this afternoon.


Nini Square


Nadim Jisr Street

Annour Square (Sa7et Allah)

2 comments:

kato said...

i have to admit that im sitting in germany and am not physically affected whatsoever. but im really concerned and i followed the entire development of this crisis. i got to know a lot of lebanese during my last months and i really worry now. especially that i know someone, who had to return last month and is now at the parents place in tripoli. i was always told that tripoli will be save but i didnt want to show my concerns, coz it wouldnt help at all. i hope tripoli is still save regarding all civilians at least and that it will soon come to a peaceful end

take care

Anonymous said...

ur website is awsome i no its sad but i love it i mean just look at all da pics and all the letters this is awsome.
i'll visit ur blog everyday but how many times do u update it coz then i'll no wen to visit.

Good Luckkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!