Always in Our Minds....

Ladylong

Friday, December 01, 2006

Tripoli Today

I’m staying in the North for the weekend, and therefore I won’t be able to talk about the situation in Beirut. Nevertheless, I can talk about the atmosphere in Tripoli.

Today was a very normal day in Tripoli; everybody is busy with his/her daily work. I went with my mother to the bank, then we went to get some Lebanese flags for our balconies. You could easily see the dealers smiley faces as they are buying lots and lots of flags of all shapes and sizes. Somehow, these traders have found a way to get some profit out of the current situation.

As the day passed, you could see an increasing number of Lebanese flags with March 14th red-white scarves being raised on the balconies. As I’m writing this article, I can hear sirens out of cars parades, and people weaving the Lebanese flags in support of Seniora’s Government.

I’ll try to take pictures of Tripoli tomorrow’s morning to give an idea about the atmosphere here.

Everybody is waiting to see what will go on, one crowd staying in the streets demanding the government to resign, and the other one staying home, weaving the Lebanese flags supporting the very same government.

All I can say is that though the future seem dark, yet we can congratulate ourselves for our civilized democratic ways in expressing our beliefs, under the law and the constitution……

1 comment:

FaiLaSooF said...

No need to thank me at all Doha. I'm glad my blog was a means that helped you :)

parades are still going in all of Tripoli, and fireworks are everywhere.

Hopefully I'll be able to add some pictures soon