Always in Our Minds....

Ladylong

Thursday, August 10, 2006

No Title

They say life is precious, and that one should treasure each and every moment of it. But, we tend to take life for granted, and force ourselves into forgetting that death lies just behind the very next corner....

A dear friend and collegue of mine, Adeeb, died with his father in a car accident in Syria earlier today. When I heard the news, I just paused. The first word that came out of my mouth was: "WHAT??"

We have prepared ourslves that we might have to hear the news of one of us would die here in Lebanon, but to know that a friend far away from this madness meaningless war has gone, we didn't see this coming. I couldn't but to think that if it wasn't for this war, Adeeb would have been with all of us in our training at St. Georges Hospital in Beirut, instead of having a car accident....

What hurts even more, is that I can't even be there at his funeral to say goodbye, pay my respect, and support his family in this hard time. But we are trapped here, we can't even leave our house here in nortern Lebanon....

May your soul rest in peace Adeeb, you will always be in our minds.......

1 comment:

julie said...

I am so sorry for your loss, and also sorry that you are not allowed to grieve properly.

Julie